I just got new silicone moulds in funny different shapes, I got them atÂ Duikelman, the best place in Amsterdam to find any cooking utensils.
This morning, I tried the mould making very simple cakes with fruits. I like to add fresh fruits in cakes and Iâ€™m quite happy with the blueberry and nectarine combination.
Blueberry and Nectarine cake
- 60 g fresh blueberry
- 1 big nectarine
- 10g vanilla sugar
- 70g sugar
- 50g butter
- 150g flour
- 3 pinch of salt
- 3 pinch of baking powder
- 1 lemon zest
- 30g milk
- 3 free-range eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180Â° C.
- Cut nectarine in small cubes. Wet blueberries and nectarine with water then mix with vanilla sugar. Set aside.
- Grease silicone cake mould (12 moulds, diameter 8) with butter then. Then spread sugar. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix sugar and soft butter together, add flour, salt, baking powder and lemon zest
- Add eggs and milk together. Mix well. Add blueberries and nectarine. Mix a little bit.
- Pour the dough in the mould, fill 2/3.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Unmould when a bit warm.
Tags: blueberry, cake, recipe