First time I tried Matcha tea madeleine was in Sadaharu Aoki patisserie in Paris. This patisserie is one of the best I ever been to, they have great combination of French patisseries with a Japanese twist.
If by chance you are planning to go to paris, you should stop by:Â http://www.sadaharuaoki.com
- 150g flour
- 20g matcha tea powder
- 125g butter
- 150g sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- Melt butter and let it cool to room temperature.
- Mix eggs and sugar together.
- Mix matcha powder and flour together. Then add it to the eggs mixture.
- Then add the melted butter.
- Let the mixture rest in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 180Â° C. Brush the madeleine tray with melted butter and pipe the mixture into the mould. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Leave to cool down then tap the madeleines out of the moulds.
Tags: madeleine, matcha, tea